Quote of the Week

"So many mothers say they want their daughters to be independent, but what they really hope is that they’ll find a well-compensated banker or lawyer and settle down between the ages of 25 and 28 in Greenwich, Darien, or That Town, USA, to raise babies, do the grocery shopping, and work out in relative comfort for the rest of their lives. I know this, because I employ their daughters. They raise us to think they want us to have careers, and they send us to college, but even they don’t really believe women can be autonomous."
— Kelly Cutrone 



Sunday, May 2, 2010

Will I ever learn

I just counted over 15 handbags and more than 30 pairs of shoes in my wardrobe which in relation to many other women (and men) is not that many. What concerns me however is the fact that I lug around the same boring bag every day of the week and wear 4 pairs of shoes (runners, thongs, work shoes, gladiator sandals) very uninspiring.

How depressing it is that I go and and buy these beautiful things for them to just sit there and look pretty, always choosing the sensible options instead....OK, I have to get ready to go out now and I am going to pick out a new handbag and different shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment