Quote of the Week

"So many mothers say they want their daughters to be independent, but what they really hope is that they’ll find a well-compensated banker or lawyer and settle down between the ages of 25 and 28 in Greenwich, Darien, or That Town, USA, to raise babies, do the grocery shopping, and work out in relative comfort for the rest of their lives. I know this, because I employ their daughters. They raise us to think they want us to have careers, and they send us to college, but even they don’t really believe women can be autonomous."
— Kelly Cutrone 



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Benefit

Quite possibly my favourite of all Red Carpet events of the year. It is the event where the attendees are more adventurous in their attire. Chaired by Anna Wintour, this years benefit is celebrating the American Women: Fashioning a National Identity.

I was lucky enough to see the 2009 "Model As Muse" exhibition at The Met last year and would highly recommend going along if you happen to be in NYC.

Here are a few of my favourites from last nights event.


So here we have Alexa Chung and Phillip Lim wearing 3.1 Phillip Lim, Blake Lively in Marchesa, Zoe Saldana and Diane Kruger accompanied by Francisco Costa, wearing Calvin Klein, Camilla Belle and Jason Wu in Jason Wu, Carey Mulligan cute as a button in Miu Miu, Chanel Iman in Michael Kors, Chloe Sevigny (a personal fave) wears Proenza Schouler, with Jack McCullough and Lazaro Hernandez, Coco Rocha in Zac Posen, Dree Hemingway wearing Calvin Klein Collection, Emma Watson in none other than Burberry with designer Christopher Bailey. I popped in Sienna Miller and Jude Law as I secretly love them as a couple, Sienna is wearing Emilio Pucci. Maggie Gyllenhaal in Louis Viutton, Sean Lennon accompanied by Sascha Pivovarova and Kemp Muhl, all dressed in Marni, SJP wearing Halston, Tom Ford in Tom Ford (duh!) and finally Zoe Kazan, in Peter Som, with the designer.

So those were a few of my favourites, I just had to add a few of the worst.


Ralph Lauren and Ricky look a little tacky, K-Stew looks awkward as per usual and don't get me wrong I love Grace Coddignton, but come on...she is a famed stylist after all, I am sure she could have pulled something a little more inspired from the fashion closet for the fashion event of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment