Quote of the Week

"So many mothers say they want their daughters to be independent, but what they really hope is that they’ll find a well-compensated banker or lawyer and settle down between the ages of 25 and 28 in Greenwich, Darien, or That Town, USA, to raise babies, do the grocery shopping, and work out in relative comfort for the rest of their lives. I know this, because I employ their daughters. They raise us to think they want us to have careers, and they send us to college, but even they don’t really believe women can be autonomous."
— Kelly Cutrone 



Monday, April 26, 2010

Master Chef

I know I am not the only one who gets hungry (even after just eating dinner) when watching Master Chef! I personally lack inspiration and that is why it amazes me to watch the contestants run in to the pantry and grab ingredients to create a masterpiece. It makes me feel completely inadequate...I do enjoy cooking and I make a mean pizza base from scratch, however, I follow a recipe

Here is something I baked today

Banana Bread (my way)

2/3 cup caster sugar
60g butter, softened
2 eggs
3tbs water
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup (and a tad more) crushed pineapple
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1tsp bicarb soda
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp baking powder

Whack the oven on 180 C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.

Beat the sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in eggs, water, mashed bananas and pineapple.

Mix in the dry ingredients until the mixture is just moistened and combined.

Pour into loaf tin and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. It's done when the top is firm and golden!

***If you don't like pineapple just add one more banana...but seriously the pineapple rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment